Tuesday, August 12, 2008

TWD: Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream


I’m grateful that Dolores of Chronicles in Culinary Curiosity chose Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream for this week’s Tuesday's With Dorie recipe. It forced me to dig through my cluttered, overcrowded cupboards and find my ice cream maker, which I bought years ago and used once. I forgot how easy it is to use and how fantastic the end result is. A hearty "Thank You", Dolores!

My initial impression of the ice cream was that it had a noticeably tangy sour cream taste. Once I got used to that, I decided I liked it very much. Hubby wasn't too excited though, he turned up his nose when I mentioned the sour cream part.

I didn't have enough blueberries, so I subbed some pluot (a plum/apricot conflaguration).


I cooked the fruit with sugar and lemon...


added heavy cream and sour cream, then whizzed it in the blender…


then let the ice cream maker work it's magic.


How easy is that? Washing the dishes was the hardest part.


So, there you go! Next week’s recipe is Granola Grabbers... perfect for back-to-school.

If you'd like to try this ice cream, you can find the recipe at Dolores' site mentioned above, or better yet, pick up a copy of Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking: From my Home to Yours".

No comments: