Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lime Sherbet


My oldest son loves lime sherbet and I've been wanting to try a homemade version for quite a while. I finally got in gear and found a recipe online, which I modified a bit. Thanks to the Limeade, it doesn't get any easier than this. No juicing or zesting limes required!


Easy Lime Sherbet

1 C. cream
2 C. 2% milk
1 C. Limeade frozen juice concentrate, thawed in the refrigerator
3-4 T. sugar, to taste
3 drops green food coloring

Combine all ingredients and whisk until well mixed. Turn on ice cream maker, ensuring first that the canister has been in the freezer long enough to freeze the liquid inside. Slowly pour Limeade mixture into ice cream maker and churn until thick. Freeze sherbet until solid and enjoy!

A couple of comments... I tried it with 3 C. whole milk in place of the cream and 2% milk but didn't like it as well. This sherbet tends to be a little on the dry side, and the whole milk makes it drier. If I try this recipe again, I might try increasing to 1-1/2 cups cream, while cutting down to 1-1/2 cups milk to see if it makes it creamy at all. Also, the green food coloring isn't a must, but if you don't use it, the sherbet is a very pale yellow color.

No comments: