Saturday, November 1, 2008

September & October Recipe Roundup and Awards!

Whew! its' been a blogging marathon this week! Before I forget (like last month) I wanted to post my favorites for the month.

September was a good month for desserts. Lots of winners here! In fact, I had such a hard time deciding which was my favorite, there was a two way tie for first.

1. Chocolate Whopper Malted Drops
1. Creme Brulee
2. Pink Grapefruit sandwich cookies
3. Chocolate Chunkers
4. Peanut Butter Cookies

October was an interesting month... not as many home-runs, in my opinion, but a few stars shone through.

My favorites for October were:

1. Lenox Almond Biscotti
2. Lemon-Lime Meringue Tart
3. Chocolate Chip Cookies, from Operation Baking Gals, round three

Lastly, but definitely not least, a number of very sweet bakers have given me some awards. I can't tell you how much these please and humble me. To be thought of by talented and generous bakers really makes my day.

Lucy from sweets, savories, etc. has given me the Excellent Blog Award. Lucy recently posted her pizelle cookies, which seriously look like they belong in an art gallery. They're gorgeous! Thanks so much, Lucy!

Cathy at The Tortefeasor has given me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Cathy is so funny, she always makes me laugh and lightens my day. Thanks, Cathy!


Pamela from Cookies with Boys and Nancy at The Dogs Eat the Crumbs have given me the Premio Artey Pico award. Thanks so much, Pamela and Nancy! I love Pamela's often playful take on her food, and she's got some seriously adorable boys. Nancy always has such interesting discussions on her blog. I go there and come away having learned something new.



The Excellent Blog award, I'm giving to Heather at Cakes, Kids, and a Lens. Heather is an awesome cake decorator, a really nice person, and she makes a mean pot of jambalaya!
The rules for the award are:

Find 5 blogs, of any kind that you love to read.
Write a post about the blogs you picked, linking back to them.
Make sure you let them know you gave them an award.

The premio artey pico award, I'm giving to Rebecca at Ezra Pound Cake. Rebecca doesn't know this but she kept me on this side of insanity today with her timely post about PMS Wrangler cookies (a.k.a no-bake chocolate cookies).

The rules are:
This award was created in Uruguay by a fellow blogger who makes dolls exclusively from recycled materials. Her blog can be reached by clicking here. The rules for this award include the following:

Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language. Advertise the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone. Each award-winner, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
Award-winner and the one who has given the prize has to show the link of “Arte y pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

The Kreativ Blogger award has a "meme" attached to this award, in the form of lists of sevens. OK, I am going to have to think about this one, LOL. So I will get back with the lucky recipient of this award. And my list... my brain is plumb tuckered out right now, so I will get back to this also.

Here is the list to be filled out by the recipients. If you want to give this a go, just let me know... LOL, I'll give you the award!

7 things I did before

7 things I do now

7 things I want to do

7 things that attract me about the opposite sex

7 Favorite Foods

7 things I Say Most Often:

7 Tags (and award too; pick one up)

No comments: