Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cookie Carnival: Inside-Out Carrot Cake Cookies


Hello fellow cookie lovers! The Cookie Carnival gang has another great cookie to share with the blogosphere this month - Inside-Out Carrot Cake Cookies, from the April 2004 issue of Gourmet magazine.

It's no surprise that I loved these cookies. After all, carrot cake is my all-time favorite cake.

We were supposed to make larger cookies and sandwich the cream cheese filling between them. Since I was taking these to a get-together, I needed more cookies than the recipe calls for. So instead, I made them smaller and topped them with cream cheese icing.

I did take a few of them, cut them in half and make a sort of half-sandwich cookie. Turns out, I liked them better as sandwich cookies.


If you're interested in these spicy delights, you can find the recipe at Epicurious.com or click ---> here.

Thanks to our host, Kate, from the Clean Plate Club for once again picking a fantastic cookie. If you'd like to join us Carnivalers, please let Kate know.

11 comments:

Elyse said...

These cookies look fabulous! I love carrot cake and cream cheese frosting--what a stellar combination! I'm sure everyone enjoyed these divine little treats!

Steph said...

You can't go wrong with carrot cake and cream cheese!

The Food Librarian said...

these look wonderful! I love carrot cake too!

Tami said...

Your cookies look great! I hope to make them this week sometime. YUM!

Anonymous said...

Those look so good! I've had those bookmarked ever since I saw them and I'm dying to make them!

Maria said...

Cute cookies! I can't wait to try them!

Anonymous said...

Those look wonderful. I love carrot cake.

Bunny said...

Who could resist a carrot cake cookie w/ cream cheese ...NOT ME!! These look GOOD!!

Pamela said...

I've made the cookies and they are still sitting in my freezer, waiting to be filled. Maybe tomorrow. I've had them before and I know I liked them. Nice job!

Snooky doodle said...

I made these too :) yours look yummy

Karen said...

These were really delicious! I like the idea of making smaller ones, and even frosting each cookie = more icing!