Tuesday, June 8, 2010

TWD: Tender Shortcakes


Cathy of The Tortefeasor chose Tender Shortcakes for this week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe. (If you've never visited Cathy's blog, be sure to stop by. You're in for a real treat with her humor as she chronicles her adventures in the kitchen.)

These shortcakes had a lot going for them... they were the perfect sweet biscuit for shortcakes and they were so easy to make... the proof being only one dirty dish to clean.


I will definitely make them again the next time shortcakes are on the menu.

Thanks so much to Cathy for picking them. If you'd like to see the recipe, please stop by Cathy's blog, or check out Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking, From my Home to Yours".

OK, that's all folks. I am going to try, try, TRY to get some of the yummies I've made lately with my new group of baking friends posted this week. I'm afraid summer vacation is already kicking my behind, LOL.

18 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Beautiful short cakes.

Cindy said...

These were delicious! A great summer treat.

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

I made these not too long ago and really liked them as well. Certainly my new go-to recipe for shortcakes!

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your shortcakes look great!

mike said...

Your berries look SO juicy - what a wonderful presentation. So glad you enjoyed them too - they are definitely a make again TWD recipe for the summer!

Judy said...

Wish I had one of your shortcake desserts in front of me now!

Katrina said...

These were a great summer treat. Fine photos as always!

Mary said...

Great looking strawberry shortcakes!

Engineer Baker said...

Definitely a recipe to revisit, I agree. Yours look wonderful!

Esme said...

These are just beautiful.

Carol Peterman/TableFare said...

I loved these too. With how easy they are and how good they are, there is just no reason to ever buy a pre-made shortcake.

Flourchild said...

Summer vacation keeps me busy too! Im glad you were able to make these yummy shortcakes..aren't the good!

Cathy said...

Your shortcakes look beautiful, Jacque! I'm so glad that you enjoyed them. I think this recipe is definitely a keeper. And summer is already kicking my behind too - I definitely feel the "summer" part, but "vacation" feels like something of a misnomer. Thank you for baking along with me this week!

Shandy said...

Gorgeous~! Beautiful color and perfect for this time of year =0)

margot said...

Beautiful shortcakes! I was also very happy for a one-bowl, super-fast recipe this week.

Kathleen said...

These short cakes look absolutely amazing!!!

Kayte said...

Oh, your photos are so wonderful of this recipe. That first one had me hooked immediately. We loved this one, and it will be a return guest soon. Yours look like perfection.

H.R said...

they look yummy :)

http://lovers-shore.blogspot.com/