Tuesday, April 26, 2011

TWD: Cornmeal Shortbread Cookies


Valerie of Une Gamine dans la Cuisine chose Cornmeal Shortbread Cookies for this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe.

This was a perfect recipe for Easter week because it was simple and the cookies were delicious.


They were buttery with just the right amount of sweetness, plus they had an added crunch thanks to the cornmeal. I really loved them and was glad I only made 1/4 recipe.

The only change I made to the recipe was to bake them for shorter than called for - only about 17 minutes, so they would stay a wee bit soft.

Thanks Valerie for a great pick and thanks Dorie for another fantastic recipe. Please check out Valerie's blog (link in the first paragraph above) or Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking, from My Home to Yours".

12 comments:

Valerie Gamine said...

Lovely Easter-themed presentation!
Thanks for baking along with me this week. :)

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Beautiful cookies! So glad you enjoyed them!

Katrina said...

Yep, I loved these, too. And was glad I gave most of them away!
Fun Easter photos.

spike. said...

Loved these too (and ate more than I should have). Should have made a reduced recipe like you!

natalia said...

Ciao ! I love your special Easter presentation !

Tia said...

great yellow color you got!
Buttercreambarbie

Judy said...

I'm trying not to eat them all, so I can share with my mother. Think I need to freeze some!

Mary said...

I love your eastery photos. We loved these too.

Nicole said...

Yours look great! With all the Easter baking I sort of forgot about these and then I tried them and was blown away by how good they were.

Bizzy said...

I didn't get to make them but I have to fit them in, for the future. They are inviting.

Meg Luby said...

wow, looks like buttery crisp bliss! thank you so so much for sharing! love this, love you, love your blog! ha. it's a party. i'll keep you updated if i make this!
-meg
@ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

Hello! I'm from Philippines! I just started blogging about food. Please follow me and I'll follow you too! :) http://eaternalfeast.blogspot.com